One of last year’s notable record releases was Lodestar by Shirley Collins, an album that marked her return to recording after 38 years. There was a fanfare of posts on Folk Radio UK around the release including our review of the album, in which David Kidman declared it as “an album of true stature, and one that’s destined to remain in your affections.” We also featured an exclusive playlist from Shirley herself, featuring fifteen of her favourite songs (listen here).
Shirley Collins is performing at a small number of upcoming events, and we are pleased to announce that, in association with The Barbican, we have a pair of tickets to giveaway* to see her performing Lodestar live on 18 February 2017 at The Barbican (Hall), London.
To enter simply email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email include “Shirley Collins” in your subject along with your name and contact details in the body of the message.
Closing Date for entries: 3rd February 2017
‘Shirley is a time traveller, a conduit for essential human aches, one of the greatest artists who ever lived, and yet utterly humble’ Stewart Lee
To find out more about this event and to book tickets please visit: www.barbican.org.uk
*Terms & conditions apply:
- Only one entry per household.
- Winners will be chosen by random on 1st January 2017.
- Where ‘no preference’ is given for an event, an event will be chosen at random or based on availability.
- The winners will be informed soon thereafter.
- Your information will not be shared with any other parties other than the winner’s contact details which will be passed on to the promoters for notification of their win and details of the event.
Folk Radio UK’s full terms can be found here.