Around this time last year, The Unthanks announced the release of their Memory Box of goodies to celebrate their Tenth Anniversary. To complete it, they have just announced The Memory Book, a warm and personal history compiled by The Unthanks themselves; their final and most candid tenth anniversary release.
Nearly 200 full-colour pages are packed with exclusive content, including:
- Unseen tour diary accounts and photos
- Memorabilia and artwork selected by the band
- Written contributions from current and past members, including pieces on childhood the Mercury Music Prize night, touring America, Europe and Australia, and articles on heroes and influences from within and beyond the folk world.
- Unseen photo shoot outtakes
- Comprehensive discography, tour date posters and fliers,
- Foreword by writer Paul Morley, plus written contributions by both regular fans and fellow artists, including author Nick Hornby, actors Martin Freeman, Colin Firth, Maxine Peake and Stephen Mangan, and musicians including Martin Hayes, Glen Hansard (The Frames), Conor O’Brien (Villagers), Dawn French, Ade Edmondson, Orbital’s Paul Hartnoll and Radiohead’s Phillip Selway.
- Printed on large, thick, chalky, uncoated, matt stock and bound in hardback, with a silk screen printed front cover by Natalie Rae Reid.
To order, and for more details, visit: www.the-unthanks.com