Towersey Festival (26-29 August 2016) have released a free digital album. The 75 minute / 18-track compilation features an array of rarities, album tracks, singles and exclusives.
Among the contributing artists are The Young’uns, winners of the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards Best Group category for two consecutive years (2015-2016), along with Folk Award 2016 nominees Lynched (Best Group) and Damien O’Kane (Best Album).
They’re joined by chart-topping acoustic duo Nizlopi, aka double-bass playing beatboxer John Parker and singer/ guitarist Luke Concannon (who also opens the set with an epic solo cut), much-loved duo Nancy Kerr and James Fagan, and the hotly tipped India Electric Co. (who visit the festival with Midge Ure).
Further highlights include an exclusive track from Steve Tilston and Jez Lowe, a re-recording of Oil and Water from Steve’s 2011 album, The Reckoning; Been Loved To Much, a track from Ma Polaine’s Great Decline‘s new EP, Small Town Talk, co-produced by Ben Walker (from duo Josienne Clarke and Ben Walker); and Welcome by ’70s folk legend Roy Bailey, which was recorded live in front of an enthusiastic audience at Towersey Festival 2015.
The compilation concludes with Conservatoire Folk Ensemble‘s (read our recent interview here) Emma’s Reel / Nothing To Declare from their newly remastered live album, The Official Bootleg. With 50+ members, the ensemble also officially close the festival.
01. Luke Concannon – Fly
02. The Young’uns – The Streets of Lahore
03. Lynched – The Old Man From Over The Sea
04. Damien O’Kane – Til Next Market Day
05. Nancy Kerr and James Fagan – Dolerite Skies
06. India Electric Co. – Heimat
07. Nizlopi – Last Night in Dakar
08. Rory McLeod – Emperor’s New Clothes
09. The Urban Folk Quartet – Upward Spiral / Brink
10. Roy Bailey – Welcome (Live at Towersey Festival 2015)
11. Tilston and Lowe – Oil And Water
12. Rusty Shackle – Down To The Valley
13. Ma Polaine’s Great Decline – Been Loved Too Much
14. Gavin Osborn – In Another Lifetime
15. Elephant Sessions – Ainya’s
16. MJ Hibbett & The Validators – 20 Things To Do Before You’re 30
17. Tickled Pink – The Hogmanay
18. Conservatoire Folk Ensemble – Emma’s Reel / Nothing To Declare
For more details on this year’s festival visit: www.towerseyfestival.com
Friday 26 to Monday 29 August 2016
The Thame Showground, Kingsey Road, Thame, Oxfordshire OX9 3JL
Acts appearing include: Billy Bragg, The Wonder Stuff, Midge Ure, Kate Rusby, The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, Tom Robinson Band, The Young’uns, Nizlopi, 9Bach, Lynched.
Tickets: Weekend Tickets (4 days)
Tier 1 / Tier 2: [SOLD OUT]
Tier 3: Adult £126; Conc £110; Youth £88; Child £57; U5 free.
Tier 4: Adult £136; Conc £115; Youth £99; Child £57; U5 free.
Camping £25 per Adult and Youth (Children free).
Day Tickets: Fri / Sat / Sun – Adult £40, Youth £28, Child £18, U5 free; Mon – Adult £30, Youth £21, Child £14, U5 free.
Camping £10 per person, per night, (Children free).