Portico are presenting a unique and intimate two night residency at the ICA on the 25th and 26th of November and, in association with Soundcrash, we have a pair of tickets to giveaway.
If you still don’t know who Portico are, then you need to start paying more attention. Having been nominated for a Mercury Prize all the way back in 2007 the group have only been growing their audience, whilst shrinking in band members.
Originally formed of 4 members under the name ‘Portico Quartet’ the band have since released 5 albums, acquired 800,000 Soundcloud followers and changed their line up twice. Now just under the name ‘Portico’ the 3 member’s newest album seems to be a million miles (plus a couple light years) away from where the band began.
The album, that features appearances from members of Alt-J and Jamie Woon, has moved Portico into the dark realm that is electronic music, whilst holding onto their experimental and acoustic roots. Their latest material is dark, electronic, a little less jazzy, but nonetheless an adventurous masterpiece.
Having been compared to James Blake, their live shows are an intimate, engaging and moving journey for any audience member. You can guarantee that this show is going to be an atmospheric and experimental experience that you are not going to get anywhere else.
For a pair of tickets to see Portico at the ICA on 25th OR 26th of November.
To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Portico” and include your name and address in the body of the email along with your gig date preference.
The closing date for entries is 10:00am on Friday 14th August 2015 when 1 winner will be chosen at random.
Tickets via: http://www.soundcrashmusic.com/
*Terms & conditions apply:
- Only one entry per household.
- Winners will be chosen by random by Folk Radio UK on Friday 14th August 2015.
- The winners will be informed by Soundcrash.
- All entrants will be automatically added to the Folk Radio UK Newsletter mailing lists of Folk Radio UK. If you would prefer not to receive our newsletters then please say so in your email. Newsletter subscribers can unsubscribe at any time.
- Your information will not be shared with any other parties other than the winner’s contact details which will be passed on to Soundcrash for notification of their win and ticket details.
Photo Credit: Phil Sharp