Here’s your chance to win a weekend break for 4 people at The Great British Folk Festival in a silver self-catering apartment at Butlins Skegness.
This December Butlins Skegness will once again open its doors to welcome the Great British Folk Festival. Now in its fifth successful year, the three day festival will run from 5th – 8th December and is a must for folk aficionados, promising live performances from some of the biggest names on the folk scene, past and present.
Guests will be spoilt for choice at this years Great British Folk Festival with some superb acts performing at the 7,000 capacity resort, including BBC Radio 2 Folk Award winners Bellowhead, The Full English, Bella Hardy, Home Service and Irish supergroup Altan who have been playing together for 25 years. As well as Ray Jackson’s Lindisfarne, Eddi Reader, Jethro Tull’s Martin Barre Band, Merrymouth, and Justin Currie.
Other acts include Capercaillie, Merrymouth, Ross Ainslie & Jarlath Henderson, The Hut People, Gordon Giltrap, Haddo, Salt House, Melrose Quartet, Robbie McIntosh, Matt & Sueleen, New Celeste Acoustic, The Springfields, Steve Craddock Band, The Young’Uns, Treacherous Orchestra, We Banjo 3, and Wolfscote ft Cathy Lesurf.
Brand new for 2014 by popular demand, Butlins have revealed The Introducing Stage which will run all weekend featuring some hand-picked folk up and comers, including; will Ashley James, Rita Payne, Lotte Mullan, CoCo and the Butterfields, Lucy Marshall, Bad Cardigan, Ramble Gamble, Merlin’s Keep, The Band From County Hell, Matt Woosey, Steel Threads, and Edwina Hayes. Here’s a preview of just few of those appearing:
[Youtube_Channel_Gallery feed=”playlist” user=”PL4JF84Oj6ZVnv2gD9qe-o6-FD2YMGLR8W” videowidth=”500″ ratio=”16×9″ theme=”light” color=”white” autoplay=”0″ rel=”0″ showinfo=”0″ maxitems=”48″ thumbwidth=”160″ thumbratio=”16×9″ thumbcolumns=”3″ title=”1″ description=”0″ thumbnail_alignment=”top” descriptionwordsnumber=”6″ link=”1″]
Guests at the festival can also enjoy the top facilities in the Butlins Skegness resort including the newly developed Splash Waterworld complex, a relaxing modern spa, go-karts, a funfair and other outdoor activities, as well as the opportunity to explore a number of bars and restaurants around the resort.
Three night breaks over The Great British Folk Festival start from £75 per person. This price is based on four people sharing a Silver Self-Catering apartment between the 5th – 8th December at Butlins Skegness. All guests must be aged +18 years.
About Butlins Live Music Weekends
Butlins has three beachside resorts, Bognor Regis (West Sussex), Minehead (Somerset) and Skegness (Lincolnshire) and welcomes more than 1.5m guests per year. Butlins holds, on average, 58 Live Music Weekends on its resorts every year, bringing in crowds of all music genres including specialist genres such as Northern Soul, Folk, and Rock, and has added new credible and authentic Live Music Weekends in 2015. Butlins is part of Bourne Leisure Ltd which also owns Warner Leisure Hotels and Haven Holidays, and was named as Travel Company of the Year in the TTG Travel Awards 2012 and 2013.
PLUS to make sure you don’t miss out, we’re offering you an extra £20 off current online prices for a weekend break at the Great British Folk Festival. Simply visit www.bigweekends.com and use the offer code FOLK at checkout (see T&Cs below).
Answer the following question:
Which traditional Irish supergroup who have been playing together for 25 years are playing at this years Great British Folk Festival?
Email your answer along with your name to email@example.com (terms and conditions of entry apply, see below).
Competition Terms & Conditions:
1. To enter the Great British Folk Festival competition, entrants must submit the correct answer to the question on the Folk Radio UK website between 21 November and 28 November 2014.
2. On or soon after 28 November 2014 one of the correct entries will be selected by Chortle at random and the winner will notified via email. No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful entrants.
3. Entry to the competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of Chortle and Butlins, their immediate families or anyone professionally connected to the competition.
4. The prize is a break for 4 adults (aged 18 or over) to stay in a Silver self-catered apartment during the Great British Folk Festival at Butlins in Skegness between 5th and 8th December 2014. The prize includes the cost of accommodation and access to all live entertainment, but excludes food, drinks and travel to and from the venue. The winner must be the lead guest and must be present on arrival on 5th December at the venue.
5. Folk Radio UK reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative of greater or equal value if the prize is no longer available for reasons beyond Chortle’s reasonable control. For the avoidance of doubt, due to the nature of the prize, the winner cannot opt to take the break at any other time than 5th – 8th December 2014.
6. The winner must accept their prize within 14 days of notification and must make the booking with Butlins by Friday 28 November 2014 otherwise they may forfeit the prize and a new winner may be chosen. Booking with and staying at Butlins Bognor Regis is subject to Butlins booking terms and conditions www.butlins.com/terms.
7. Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering this competition. Entrants will have the opportunity to opt-in to receiving future correspondence from Chortle. Entrants who opt-in will have the option to unsubscribe from any future correspondence.
8. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Chortle may reasonably require, e.g. the name of the winner may be posted on the Chortle website.
9. By entering the competition, entrants agree to these terms and conditions.
10. Promoter Folk Radio UK.
T&Cs for £20 off:
£20 off is a per booking discount and applies to new bookings only for the Great British Folk Festival at Skegness on 5-8 December 2014 when booking by Friday 28 November 2014. £s off do not apply to 2-night breaks or rooms for 2. All offers are subject to promotional availability, may be withdrawn at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer or internet code except the 5% Premier Club loyalty discount. For full terms and conditions please visit butlins.com/terms. The maximum call charge is 2p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other networks may vary. Butlins Skyline Limited, 1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4YL. Registered in England No. 04011665.