On this weeks Nest Collective Hour the show is hosted by Sam lee and Ceri Wade, they have Niko O’brien as their guest who will be playing some music he has recorded on his travels. He has clocked up over 1,000 miles cycling through countries such as Poland where he also had quite an extraordinary encounter and ended up recording in a Warsaw sewer which were used by the Polish resistance during the war.
They will also be playing music from the likes of Bella Hardy (one of our Albums of the Month), Rachel Newton (The Shee) and Warsaw Village Band whom listeners of old will remember us regularly featuring in our playlist.
The show playlist
1. Memory Band – Wearing of the Horns
2. Bella Hardy – Three pieces of my Heart
3. Ted Barnes – These Foolish Thoughts
4. Old Swan band – The Gloucester Horn Pipe
5. Warsaw Village Band – Matecka
6. Niko O’Brien plays Anastasia – Traditional Polish song.
7. Niko O’brien resonance sound plays in Berlin Spy Station
8. Niko O’Brien recording Jack Durtnall Girl from the North Country – Berlin Spy Station
9. Niko O’Brien Recording Lina – Rublious Mano recorded in Paris
10. Rachel Newton – S Toil Leam CHruinneag Dhonn nam Bo
11. Harry Bird and the Rubber Wellies – Whose Gonna Lead the March on The Jailhouse
First Broadcast will be on Thursday 18th April at 10:00am
and repeated on the following:
Friday @ 2:00am
Saturday @ 9:00pm
Tuesday @ 5:00pm