Time Gentlemen Please, the UK’s No1 Folk and Hip Hop extravaganza which features the Demon Barber Roadshow recently came across a video of Chris Moyles Hip Hop Morris Battle. You can watch it below to get the gist of where they are coming from. In short they have offered a challenge to My Moyles to return to his home county and spend a day honing his skills. Being the good sort that they are ‘Time Gentlemen Please’ will of course reward him for his efforts!
In their own words:
Apart from not being quite as funny as the other one Chris’ dance style is severely lacking in a number of areas; height, poise and virility for starters and let’s not assume that because he is ‘flying solo’ that his lines are in good order. In short his dancing skills are in serious need of a makeover.
Luckily for Chris we came across his video and we are holding out our hand by inviting him back to his home county to spend a day honing his skills. If he survives the day he will receive 2 tickets to one of our shows and we may even consider him for a cameo role, possibly involving a bladder on a stick or some sort of fantastic animal costume. If he tries his very best but fails he will receive a pair of hand embroidered handkerchiefs as a remembrance
In the unlikely, and quite honestly ludicrous, event that he doesn’t take up this challenge we will in all probability think very much less of him than we do now.
So Chris, the handkerchiefs have been thrown down, the swords have been drawn and the baldrics are well and truly in your court. We will meet anywhere at any time! (preferably between 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri in Leeds, although Huddersfield on a Wednesday evening might be OK. Actually thinking ahead, Haworth may be preferable as I live there and if you get tired we can go and take a look at the steam train that was used in The Railway Children).
Anyway, back to the challenge!
Below we have given a selection of traditional dances from our show, You are required to choose an minimum of two.
‘Hip Hop’ Morris
‘Pool Cue’ Longsword
If you’d like to support the Time Gentlemen Please challenge head on over here where you can help spread the word!:
Time Gentlemen Please – Tour Dates
- 11th September 2011 Bromley Churchill Theatre More Info
- 12th September 2011 Theatre Royal Brighton More Info
- 16th September 2011 The Forum, Barrow-In-Furness More Info
- 17th September 2011 Norwich Playhouse More Info
- 18th September 2011 Grand Opera House York More Info
- 19th September 2011 The Place, Telford More Info
- 20th September 2011 Leas Cliff Hall, Folkestone More Info
- 21st September 2011 The Stag Theatre, Sevenoaks More Info
- 22nd September 2011 The Cresset, Peterborough More Info
- 23rd September 2011 The Apex, Bury St Edmunds More Info
- 7th October 2011 Derby Folk Festival More Info
- 8th October 2011 Warwick Arts Centre, Coventry More Info
- 19th November 2011 TAUNTON, The Brewhouse Theatre & Arts Centre More Info
- 20th November 2011 Buxton Opera House More Info
- 24th November 2011 The Journal Tyne Theatre, Newcastle More Info
- 26th November 2011 Barnsley Civic More Info