Lost in the Trees are a music collective from Chapel Hill, North Carolina who combine American folk alongside modern pop and dramatic unconventional symphonic classical elements all led by composer, vocalist and songwriter Ari Picker. Their sound is deep and rich as well as daring and ambitious. Their latest release All Alone In An Empty House proves that they have the talent and imagination to pull it off with grace and style.
Picker, who has already composed and publicly debuted his first symphony with members of the North Carolina Symphony Orchestra, draws band members from prestigious music schools such as Berklee, Eastman and University of North Carolina, as well as the rich, indie-rock community in North Carolina.
All Alone In An Empty House was co-produced by Scott Solter (St. Vincent, Mountain Goats, Okkervil River, John Vanderslice) who provides a sonic landscape in which classical and pop composition can co-exist with stirring results.
:: Track list ::
01. All Alone In An Empty House
02. Walk Around The Lake
03. Mvt. 1 Sketch
04. Song For The Painter
06. Love On My Side
07. Wooden Walls Of This Forest Church
08. A Room Where Your Paintings Hang
09. We Burn The Leaves
10. Mvt. 2 Sketch
11. For Leah And Chloe
They have an immense passion for what they do which has been highlighted by their Project Symphony, a collaboration with school music programs across America. The project will feature an exchange between Lost in the Trees and students in their classroom followed by a performance featuring both band and students. The goal is to inspire students by providing them contact with musicians who represent a clear example of what can done with their musical training. Project Symphony is a vehicle to communicate the positive impact music can have, Picker explains.
It’s exciting to have an impact on musical appreciation, inspire a new musical composer, or on a very base level contribute to other important unique life experiences. Music has played a huge role in my life, and I hope to share some of its lessons with others.
Make sure you check out the new Daytrotter Session which you can listen to and download here.
* Tuesday September 21, 2010 in Pittsburgh at Thunderbird Cafe
* Wednesday September 22, 2010 in Oberlin at Cat In The Cream Coffeehouse
* Friday September 24, 2010 in Schenectady at Eighth Step at Proctors
* Saturday September 25, 2010 in Hamilton at James Street Supercrawl
* Monday September 27, 2010 in Toronto at Drake
* Wednesday September 29, 2010 in Montreal at Casa del Popolo
* Sunday October 3, 2010 in Cambridge at TT The Bear’s Place
Buy CD: All Alone In An Empty House
Download Album: All Alone In an Empty House – Lost In the Trees