If January was the month of recovery, then February is the month for discovery!
The Local are here to help you out on this quest for life improvement with a stack of dates below helping you find your new favourite band in February and beyond!
For those located north of the M25 a trip to Manchester’s Dulcimer this Saturday will be worth your while to see the best bluesed-up duo since The White Stripes, Brooklyn’s She Keeps Bees.
‘With their primal thumping and hollering, this boy-girl duo make a raunchy racket with their rough-and-ready blues-rock’ – The Guardian
Also coming up this month we present The Tim and Sam Band (who gave a standout performance at our recent Ssh! Festival) our headline our monthly soiree at The Slaughtered Lamb, The Tailors up in Crouch End, the unmissable Matador darlings Shearwater at Scala as well as Alessi’s Ark whose UK tour docks at Dalston’s finest, Cafe Oto at the end of the month.
Special mention goes to our trad queen Nancy Wallace who has been nominated in tonight’s much lauded BBC Folk Awards. Toes and fingers crossed.
* 06 Feb 2010 // She Keeps Bees at the Dulcimer Manchester
* 18 Feb 2010 // The Tim and Sam Band, Gilbert, Robin Grey and more
* 19 Feb 2010 // The Tailors, Mary Epworth plus Alex Highton
* 25 Feb 2010 // Shearwater plus David Thomas Broughton
* 26 Feb 2010 // Alessi’s Ark, Rachael Dadd ,The Mariner’s Children
* 09 March 2010 // She Keeps Bees, Oh Ruin, Musee Mechanique
* 11 March 2010 // The Local at The Slaughtered Lamb
* 19 March 2010 // The Original Local in Crouch End
* 23 March 2010 // Mamer plus guests
* 08 April 10 // Little Teeth, Garrison, and Seamus Fogarty
* 15 April 2010 // Lou Rhodes plus guests
* 29 April 2010 // Nedry and more
* 10 June 2010 // The Black Atlantic, Rue Royale, more
*16 July 2010 // Damo Suzukis Network